Speaking of the Dominican Republic we should remember one the most valuable products in that country – it’s cocoa beans! Their cultivation began in the 20th century, and now the Dominicana has a large number of associations and companies produced cocoa.
If you’ll be in Punta Cana or any other places of that country, don’t forget to bring home a real cacao, chocolate bars and hot chocolate. The most famous chocolate brands are Rizek, Munné & Co, Xocolat and Cortés Hermanos & Co.
Today I will share with you the real raw chocolate recipe! It’s very quickly and easy. I often make it when I want something sweet, plus it gives a huge boost of energy. Try to make the real chocolate with rich, astringent flavor.
Cooks in 20 min.
- cocoa liquor (cocoa mass) – 100 g.
- cocoa butter – 50 g.
- powdered cane sugar – 50 g.
- nuts, raisins or cacao nibs
1) Put cocoa liquor and cocoa butter on the bottom of the pot. Cocoa liquor is pure cocoa mass in solid or semi-solid form.
2) Make a “water bath” in a pot (just add hot water from the kettle in other pan which should be bigger). The cocoa should not boil!
3) The mix is heated in a water bath. Do not forget to stir it slowly. The process takes about 15-20 minutes.
Important! The temperature should be max. 45°. Check the temperature with a cooking thermometer.
4) Add the powdered cane sugar and heated the mix on water bath to 42° C using hot water.
Do not forget to check the temperature: the chocolate will be smooth and flat.
5) Stir the mix and chill it to 32°!
6) At will add to the cooled mix the chopped nuts, raisins, dried fruit, chia seeds, pieces of cocoa nibs or mulberry.
*do not add honey, syrup and liquid sweeteners!
7) Pour out the cacao-mix in the dish (it is better to choose the teflon coated dishes).
Put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
The real raw chocolate is ready! Buen provecho!