Stuffed peppers (Punjene Paprike) is incredibly popular in Croatia. Today we will learn how to cook this dish in a vegan version!
Cooks in 40 min.
- 6 bell peppers
- bulgur – 150 gr.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- onion – 1/2
- clove of garlic
- lemon – 1/2
- small bunch of spinach
- salt, pepper
1. Cook the bulgur in 10 minutes.
2. Peel the peppers.
3. Chop the onion, grate 1 carrot. Then fry the onion and carrot in 5-7 minutes.
4. Chop the garlic.
5. Mix the bulgur, garlic, onion and carrots, add salt and pepper.
6. Fill the peppers with the ready stuffing until they are almost full.
7. Cook the sauce for the peppers: blend the tomatoes, add 1 grated carrot, 1/2 Cup of water.
Arrange peppers in the pan with sauce vertically, cover and cook on low heat in 15 min. For 3 min. before the end, add the sauce, salt and juice of 1/2 lemon.
8. Put the peppers in a deep dish, add the sauce from the pan and the spinach.
Enjoy a full meal with a Croatian accent! Dobar tek!